CITB SSSTS 2 Day Course
This two day SSSTS training course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. Through completing the course supervisors will be provided with an ability to understand health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
* PLEASE NOTE - It will take approximately 6-8 weeks for CSKILLS to issue certification for this course *
On successful completion of the SSSTS training course delegates that are given supervisory responsibilities will understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- ensure they contribute to the safety of the workplace
The SSSTS training course will cover the following:
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- The Role of the Supervisor
- Behavioural Safety in the Workplace
- Site Inductions & Toolbox Talks
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Monitor site activities effectively
During the course projects are undertaken in groups and constantly assessed by the tutor. At the conclusion of the course delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment. Delegates who successfully complete the projects and assessment are awarded the Construction Skills (CITB) SSSTS - Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme certificate which is valid for 5 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at first line managers, foreman, gangers, team leaders, supervisors and those who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
The Suggested progression would be the five day CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) training course.