SMSTS Training - CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (DAY RELEASE)
- 28 Nov 12 - 06 Dec 12
- 08:45 - 17:00
- 5 days
- Delivery Schedule:
- Southampton, UK
Please note the dates for this course are as follows: - 28th, 29th, 30th Nov & 5th, 6th Dec
- Course Agenda
- Who Should Attend?
- Other Dates
This 5 day SMSTS Training course is designed for site managers, site agents and persons who are, or due to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and a workforce. In order to obtain the qualification delegates MUST attend all days of their chosen course.
The SMSTS certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time candidates must sit the SMSTS Refresher course in order to renew their SMSTS certification
The SMSTS course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to: -
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics: -
- Site set up
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
This course is intended for project managers, site managers and site supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium sized companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
At the end of the CITB SMSTS course, each individual has to pass an examination and present a suitable health and safety solution to a site activity which qualifies them for the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
Delegates must attend all of the days, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit the SMSTS two day refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
Hampshire (Southampton) (View Map)The Empress of Blandings
Romsey Road, Copythorne
- From Southampton Exit Jct 2 of the M27
- At the roundabout take the 3rd exit heading towards Romsey (Poultons Park) Ower
- You will then arrive at another roundabout where you will need to take the 1st exit for Poultons Park/Ower.
- Continue past Poultons Park and after 75 meters take the right hand turning onto Romsey Road which is the A31 (Cadnam).
- Follow this road for 1 mile where the venue will be on your left hand side
Ashurst - New Forest station is the closest to the venue