SMSTS Training - CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Mon, 02 Jul 12 - Fri, 06 Jul 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 5 days
- Delivery Schedule:
- Birmingham, UK
- Course Agenda
- Who Should Attend?
- Other Dates
This 5 day SMSTS Training course is designed for site managers, site agents and persons who are, or due to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and a workforce. In order to obtain the qualification delegates MUST attend all days of their chosen course.
The SMSTS certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time candidates must sit the SMSTS Refresher course in order to renew their SMSTS certification
The SMSTS course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to: -
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics: -
- Site set up
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
This course is intended for project managers, site managers and site supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium sized companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
At the end of the CITB SMSTS course, each individual has to pass an examination and present a suitable health and safety solution to a site activity which qualifies them for the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
Delegates must attend all of the days, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit the SMSTS two day refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
West Midlands (Birmingham) (View Map)33-35 Linton House
Catherine Road, Aston
- Free on-site parking
From Birmingham City Centre
- Take the main A38 road out of the city centre towards the M6.
- As you come out of the city centre, look for the sign that says:
- Ring Road A4540 Walsall (A34) Lichfield (A47) West Bromwich (A41) B’ham Airport/NEC (A45)
- Come off at this junction to the roundabout, which is Dartmouth Circus. Do not go onto the A38 (M)
- At the roundabout, go straight on and follow the signs for Aston A5127.
- Follow this road and you will come to a roundabout with a clock in the middle and O’Reilly’s Pub on the corner. Go straight over the roundabout.
- Take the first turning on your rights, Catherine Street, and the training venue can be found immediately on the right. Free Parking is available.
From the M6 (North or South)
- Take junction 6 off the M6 to Birmingham Central. Follow the A38(M) road towards the city centre.
- Come off the A38(M) at the road signposted Aston A5127.
- Turn left at the roundabout and then take the second turning on your rights which is Catherine Street. The training venue can be found immediately on the right. Free parking is available
Aston rail station is only a short distance from the venue