SMSTS Training - CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- Mon, 24 Sep 12 - Fri, 28 Sep 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 5 days
- Delivery Schedule:
- Mansfield, UK
- Course Agenda
- Who Should Attend?
- Other Dates
This 5 day SMSTS Training course is designed for site managers, site agents and persons who are, or due to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and a workforce. In order to obtain the qualification delegates MUST attend all days of their chosen course.
The SMSTS certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time candidates must sit the SMSTS Refresher course in order to renew their SMSTS certification
The SMSTS course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to: -
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics: -
- Site set up
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
This course is intended for project managers, site managers and site supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium sized companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
At the end of the CITB SMSTS course, each individual has to pass an examination and present a suitable health and safety solution to a site activity which qualifies them for the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
Delegates must attend all of the days, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit the SMSTS two day refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
Nottinghamshire (Mansfield) (View Map)Pleasley Vale Business Park, Unit H3E
Mill 3, Outgang Lane
A full range of CITB, IOSH and NEBOSH courses are run at this venue. They have excellent training facilities and free parking is available.
- Free on-site Parking
- Exit the M1 at Junction 29 and follow the A617 towards Mansfield
- Follow the road through Glapwell
- At the large roundabout take the 2ndl exit (B6407) towards Shirebrook
- There is a signpost for Pleasley Vale Business Park on the righthand side. Take this turning into Outgang Lane.
- Follow the road beside the river until you reach the gate house on the righthand side, the barrier to the business park will be in front of you.