SMSTS Training - CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- 22 Oct 12 - 26 Oct 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 5 days
- Delivery Schedule:
- Nottingham, UK
- Course Agenda
- Who Should Attend?
- Other Dates
This 5 day SMSTS Training course is designed for site managers, site agents and persons who are, or due to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and a workforce. In order to obtain the qualification delegates MUST attend all days of their chosen course.
The SMSTS certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time candidates must sit the SMSTS Refresher course in order to renew their SMSTS certification
The SMSTS course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to: -
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics: -
- Site set up
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
This course is intended for project managers, site managers and site supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium sized companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
At the end of the CITB SMSTS course, each individual has to pass an examination and present a suitable health and safety solution to a site activity which qualifies them for the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
Delegates must attend all of the days, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit the SMSTS two day refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
Nottinghamshire (Nottingham) (View Map)Holiday Inn, Bostock Lane
Surrounded by attractive trees and lawns, Holiday Inn Derby-Nottingham is set peacefully back from the M1 motorway with its own complimentary car park. It's 8 miles to East Midlands Airport and the city centres of Derby and Nottingham.
- From the M1 Northbound: exit Junction 25, 2nd exit at the roundabout.
- From M1 Southbound: exit junction 25, 5th exit the roundabout.
- From the A52 to Derby, M1 exit, 5th exit at the roundabout. A52 to Nottingham, M1 exit, 1st exit at the roundabout. The hotel is situated approximately 300 yards on the right hand side.