SMSTS Training - CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- 20 Aug 12 - 24 Aug 12
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 5 days
- Delivery Schedule:
- Cambridge, UK
- Course Agenda
- Who Should Attend?
- Other Dates
This 5 day SMSTS Training course is designed for site managers, site agents and persons who are, or due to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and a workforce. In order to obtain the qualification delegates MUST attend all days of their chosen course.
The SMSTS certificate is valid for 5 years, after which time candidates must sit the SMSTS Refresher course in order to renew their SMSTS certification
The SMSTS course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
At the end of the SMSTS course successful candidates will be able to: -
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course will cover the following topics: -
- Site set up
- Risk Assessment
- Method Statements
- Confined Spaces
This course is intended for project managers, site managers and site supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium sized companies. Client-based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.
At the end of the CITB SMSTS course, each individual has to pass an examination and present a suitable health and safety solution to a site activity which qualifies them for the Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
Delegates must attend all of the days, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
This certificate expires every five years. After this period certificate holders are required to sit the SMSTS two day refresher course to renew their qualification for a further five years.
Cambridgeshire (Cambridge) (View Map)Wellington House
- Nearest NCP - Queen Anne Car Park (5 mins walk), on site parking available upon request
- Leave the M11 at junction M11-J11 in direction, sign posted A1309, A10 Harston (although you do NOT want Harston) CAMBRIDGE (S) City Centre and join this road
- Enter the roundabout and take the 3rd exit onto Hauxton Road (A1309), you should drive past the Trumpington Park and Ride
- Hauxton Road becomes Trumpington Road. Follow this road until you reach a mini round-a-bout,
- go over the first roundabout, at the second roundabout turn right onto Lensfield road
- At the crossroads, go straight on, onto Gonville Road driving past the Catholic Church which will be on your right hand side
- Towards the next crossroads, on the right is a multi story car park called the Queen Anne Terrace
- Once you have parked, exit the car park on the right and walk towards the main crossroads
- Carry on straight forward onto East Road
- You will see a fire station on the left, MWB is the next building located adjacent the station.
By Train / Walking
- From the train station walk down Station Road towards town centre
- Take the first road on your right, Tenison Road and follow this road until it meets Mill Road
- At the junction with Mill Road, turn left and follow the road until you reach the cross roads with
- Parkside Swimming Pool on your left
- Cross this cross-roads to the right towards East Road
- Then cross the road towards the fire station
- With the fire station on your left and the swimming pool behind you continue along East Road and MWB Business Exchange is the next building on your left.