Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering Course
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety course is designed for anyone who works in catering, retail or manufacturing where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Everyone in a food handling job role has a special responsibility for safeguarding the health of consumers and ensure that the food they serve or sell is perfectly safe to eat. This course will give food handlers a good understanding of the importance of food safety and how to prevent food poisoning and contamination from occurring.
A typical business where the food handlers would need to have obtained the Level 2 Food Safety qualification would include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Contract Catering / Food Production facility
- Fast-food Outlets
- Care homes
- Armed forces
* Refreshment of this qualification is recommended at least every three years *
Successful completion of the Level 2 Food Safety training programme and assessment will ensure candidates have met the following objectives:
- Firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
The Level 2 Food Safety qualification will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to food safety
- Food safety and hygiene hazards
- Temperature control
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- Cooking, hot holding and reheating
- Food handling
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
The examination of the Level 2 Award in Food Safety will consist of an examination paper with 30 multiple choice questions. Candidates will be given 1 hour to complete this. In order to pass the exam, candidates must achieve 20 correct answers or more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone working in catering where food is cooked, prepared and handled.
Level 3 Awards in Supervising Food Safety