First Aid at Work Refresher Course
The First Aid at Work Refresher Course is designed to update the skills of delegates wishing to renew their existing 3 day First Aid at Work Certificate.
Delegates must be in possession of a First Aid at Work or a First Aid at Work Refresher Certificate. If the certificate has expired, then please contact our training team for further guidance on 08000 931189.
The first aid at work Refresher course involves at least 12 hours of training and is run over two days.
The course aims to update and refresh your knowledge of the First aid at work syllabus which inculde the following:
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Carry out resuscitation (CPR)
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Deal with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Deal with a casualty suffering burns and scalds
- Manage eye injuries
- Deal with casualties overcome by fumes or suffering from poisoning
- Deal with a broad range of common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of medical care
- Maintain first aid records
- Use and maintain first aid kits
- AED (Use of a AED, chain of survival, safety considerations)
The course will aim to refresh delegates knowlegde of the following topics: -
- First Aid Priorities
- Managing Incidents
- Basic Life Support
- Examination of a Casualty
- Control of Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Common Illnesses
- Chest Pains including Heart Attacks & Angina
- Eye Injuries
- Head injuries
- Seizures (Adults)
- Fainting/Feeling Faint
- Low Blood Sugar/Diabetic Emergencies
- Allergic reaction
- Spinal injuries
- Recording and Reporting
- Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations
- First Aid Kits
Delegates will be assessed via continuous trainer observation and written assessments.
On successful completion of the course and assessments, the delegate will receive their First Aid at Work Certificate. This is valid for three years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for people wishing to renew a valid First aid at work certificate.
Under the current guidelines it is "strongly recommended" that first-aiders undertake an annual half day refresher course and a full re-qualification by the 3 year expiry.