NEBOSH Fire Certificate - Conversion
5 Days Classroom + Exam
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management course covers the management of health and safety and in particular fire safety including legal requirements. It also includes principles of fire and explosion, causes and prevention of fires, fire protection in buildings and ensuring the safety of people in the event of fire.
This NEBOSH Fire Safety qualification will equip holders to carry out fire risk assessments of most workplaces and identify the range of fire protective and preventative measures required. It is therefore also suitable for people moving into fire safety adviser roles.
* Students wishing to take this qualification need to have passed the NGC1 as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification within the last 5 years. If this is something you require please call us to discuss or book on 08000 931189*
On completion of the NEBOSH Fire Safety Conversion course successful candidates will be able to: -
- Understand the legal framework relating to fire and health & safety
- Appreciate the purpose and procedures of investigating fires in the workplace
- Outline the principles behind ignition and spread of fire and explosion in work premises
- Identify the causes of fire and explosion and outline appropriate control measures to minimise fire risks
- Advise on the means of fire protection and prevention of fire spread within buildings
- Advise on the development and maintenance of a fire evacuation procedure
- Use a simple fire risk assessment technique to determine risk levels and assess the adequacy of controls
* Students wishing to take this qualification need to have passed the NGC1 as part of a previous NEBOSH qualification within the last 5 years. *
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Conversion course will cover the following topics: -
Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
Element 1: Managing Fire Safety
Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires and explosions
Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
Element 5: Safety of people in the event of fire
Element 6: Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Unit FC2: Fire Safety Practical Application
Candidates are required to undertake a practical examination within their own workplace, to be taken within 10 working days of the date of the FC1 written papers
The NEBOSH Fire Safety conversion course will require candidates to complete the following exams/assessments: -
Unit FC1 is a taught unit assessed by a one two-hour written examination. The written examination consists of ten ‘short-answer’ questions and one ‘long-answer’ question. All questions are compulsory. Candidate scripts are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Unit FC2 is assessed by a practical application undertaken within the candidate’s own workplace, to be taken within 10 working days of the date of the FC1 written papers. The practical examination is internally assessed by the course provider and externally moderated by NEBOSH.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation.