CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection Course
The Basic Scaffold Inspection course is intended for site supervisors and managers who have experience and understanding of scaffolding. Your role will involve inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and completing reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
In order to attend the course delegates must provide evidence that they have completed one of the following within the last 2 years: -
- Health & Safety test (taken within 2 years of application)
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport (SCATS Card)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (taken within 2 years of application)
- Current offshore Survival Certificate (taken within 2 years of application)
- SMSTS (taken within 2 years of application)
- FAS Safe Pass (taken within 2 years of application)
- SSSTS (taken within 2 years of application)
- IOSH Managing Safely (taken within 2 years of application)
In addition to the above delegates must prove they have scaffold awareness by supplying evidence in ONE of the following categories: -
1. Delegates will already hold one of these cards -
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Advanced Scaffolder card
- Delegate holds a current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisor card
- Delegate holds a current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course in order to renew their card
2. Delegates will have worked in one of these roles for over two years. Evidence of this will be supplied as a CV OR letter on headed paper from employer to confirm awareness of scaffold structures gained from role.
- Scaffold Designer
- Contracts Manager
- Site Agent/Manager
- H&S Manager
- HSE Inspector
3. They have previously attended a non-CISRS Inspection/Awareness course at least 2 years before
Failure to supply any of the above will result in the delegate being refused entry to the course.
* DELEGATES ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH FOR THEIR CARD *
On successful completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to understand how to inspect basic scaffolding structures in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations.
The CISRS Scaffold Inspection course will cover the following topics: -
- Introduction to Scaffolding & Scaffolding Terminology
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British, European and Industry Standards (NASC)
- Overview of SG4:10 Fall Arrest Equipment
- Tube, Fittings & Boards
- Safe Ladder Access and Egress
- Scaffolders Training and Working Methods
- Bracing and Tying Scaffolds
- Fan Boards and Public Protection
- Mobile, Static and Loading Towers
- Birdcage Scaffolds
- Beams and Bridging Beams
- Various Types of System Scaffolding
- How to Carry Out a Scaffolding Inspection
- Scaffold Tagging Systems
- Scaffold Inspection Exercise
- Knowledge Test
The assessment of the CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection course will involve both written and practical tests.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Managers and Supervisors who are responsible for inspecting scaffolds and completing reports in accordance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.