IPAF Operator Training Course - 3a & 3b
The 1 day IPAF 3a & 3b course is designed for anyone who operates a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP), such as scissor lifts, boom lifts, or trailer mounted or vehicle mounted boom lifts. Delegates should take this course to comply with the duties placed upon employers and employees by law. The International Powered Access Federation licence is recognised all over the world.
IPAF Operator training courses require degates to take the following P.P.E and Photo I.D:
- I.D - Passport or Photocard Driving Licence
- Safety Helmet
- Safety Boots or Shoes
- Hi-Vis Vest
- Full body harness and adjustable restraint lanyard. You WILL NOT be able to complete the practical element of the training without a suitable harness.
On successful completion of the course candidates will be:
- Fully aware of the relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Able to manoeuvre the machine as required
- Fully aware of accident prevention and control
- Able to drive the MEWP proficiently and safely
- Fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection
- Able to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner
The IPAF 3a & 3b course will cover the following topics: -
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Limitations of MEWPS
- Controls, Safety Devices and Warning Alarms
- Routine Inspection and Servicing Requirements
- Preparation for Work on a MEWP
- Ground and Site Conditions
- Safe Operating Techniques
- Emergency Lowering Procedures
- Manufacturers Instruction Manuals
- Fall Arrest/Restraint Equipment
- Practical Operating Test
- Multiple Choice Test Paper
Candidates will undertake a written test and also take part in a practical assessment. On successful completion candidates will receive the PAL (Powered Access License) card license. The licence is internationally accepted and is valid for 5 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The IPAF Operator 3a & 3b course is designed for people who use Cherry Pickers and Scissor Lifts