CITB SSSTS Refresher 1 Day Course
This one day course is intended for those who currently hold the Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme certificate and now need to update their skills and knowledge in line with current legislation and maintain their SSSTS qualification. This highly interactive course is delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual / group presentations.
The SSSTS course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
Delegates under the age of 18 must provide written consent from a parent or guardian to successfully attend.
Any Delegate that does not attend prior to the end date of their certificate will risk their right to attend a refresher course and will be required to attend the full course.
* PLEASE NOTE - It will take approximately 6-8 weeks for the CITB to issue certification *
On successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand problems currently highlighted in the industry within their role.
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is currently structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out site inductions, briefings, tool box talks and understand the need for method statements
- Improve communication routes within site activities.
The SSSTS Refresher training course will cover the following topics:
- Current enforcement priorities / HSE / Environment
- Fire risks and emergency procedures and reporting.
- Best practice updates:-
- Noise and vibration
- Drugs and alcohol
- Stress factors
- Dynamic risk assessment procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Work at height
- Manual handling
- Tool box talks
At the end of the CITB SSSTS Refresher course delegates are required to sit an exam paper consisting of 25 questions, of which 4 are safety critical and require a short written answer. Multiple choice questions are worth 1 point each and safety critical questions are worth 1-3 points each. In order to pass the course delegates MUST answer ALL of safety critical questions correctly. The SSSTS Refresher Course pass rate is 80% (24 out of 30)
Delegates who successfully complete the assessment are awarded the CITB SSSTS - Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme certificate which is valid for 5 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any delegate with a current SSSTS certificate which is due to expire.
The Suggested progression would be the five day CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) training course.